Orchestrate Excellence (OX) is a coalition of audience and community members deeply committed to the Minnesota Orchestra, our state’s largest arts institution. We believe an artistically excellent orchestra contributes significantly to Minnesota’s quality of life and attracts talented people to live and work in our state.
Formed in December 2012, to advocate for artistic excellence and financial security, Orchestrate Excellence worked during the lockout to promote community understanding of the issues and potential solutions, as well as collaboration among the Orchestra’s constituencies. An essay, “Saving Our Humanity,” was written by Ken Huber, a steering committee member, during this time.
Since the lockout ended in February 2014, Orchestrate Excellence has continued to work collaboratively with the musicians, board and staff to help rebuild and sustain a truly world-class Minnesota Orchestra that is both artistically excellent and financially secure.
Our members are a diverse collection of individuals united by an interest in preserving this incredible institution: occasional concert-goers and subscribers, modest donors and philanthropists, community advocates and elected officials, young adults, families, and senior citizens, workers from all walks of life. We would love to have you join us.
Orchestrate Excellence works in partnership with the entire Minnesota Orchestra — musicians, board and staff — and other community groups to:
- Expand the Minnesota Orchestra’s footprint:
- Build audiences: increase concert attendance by new and current audience members
- Broaden the donor base: encourage more people to support this important cultural asset
- Identify new ways to ignite and harness community passion and engagement
- Help build a climate of mutual understanding, collaboration, trust and transparency between the Minnesota Orchestra and the community.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Attend Minnesota Orchestra concerts; bring your family and friends!
- Support the Orchestra directly through donations (any amount is greatly appreciated!) and/or volunteering to help staff community events.
- Spread the word!
- If you enjoy your concert experience, let others know! Post on Facebook, Twitter or your own blog and tag the orchestra.
- If you have ideas about how the concert experience could be improved, call or email the MN Orchestra.
- If you support the Orchestra, help others understand why you believe it is important to do so.
- Sign on with Orchestrate Excellence: stay up-to-date on the latest orchestra news, community initiatives, additional volunteer opportunities and occasional concert discounts.