This prototype Minnesota Orchestra photo mosaic, composed of photos of the musicians, Board and staff members, will be displayed in the Atrium as part of the Community Celebration for the opening concerts on September 26-28. Photographers will be taking pictures of orchestra fans to be included in the permanent version which will hang in Orchestra Hall as a graphic reminder that we are truly All Together Now!
Don’t Miss the Season Opening Concerts and Community Celebration — All Together Now!
Tickets for the Minnesota Orchestra opening concerts are flying out the door! If you have delayed getting yours, don’t wait any longer! The concerts are coming up next weekend, Sept. 26-28. Call the box office or order online right away. Check for special offers with the ticket representative or on the website.
Plan to come early for the community celebration All Together Now! starting at 6:00 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and noon on Sunday:
- Treat yourself to a glass of complimentary champagne when you arrive.
- Get your picture taken for the giant Minnesota Orchestra photo mosaic. Here’s a sneak preview of the prototype mosaic you’ll see in the Atrium. It is made up of photos of the musicians, Board and staff – but we want the next, permanent version to include images of you and all the other orchestra fans, as well – a graphic reminder that we are truly All Together Now!
- Enjoy a variety of music by talented amateur musicians – just a few of the more than 100 Twin Cities large and small musical ensembles practicing and performing in our community.
- Take a tour of the Hall – 6:15 or 6:45 on Friday and Saturday and 12:15 or 12:45 on Sunday.
- Compete in a Minnesota Orchestra Trivia Contest. There will be prizes for trivia winners and door prizes too.
- Post a message to the musicians next to a photo of the orchestra in the Atrium – and talk to the musicians who will be circulating in the hall before and after the concerts.
- Pick up a “Minnesota Orchestra — Keep it Growing” lawn sign in the Atrium after the concert. Here’s your chance if you didn’t get one of these brand new signs at Lake Harriet.
- Sample the new Minnesota Orchestra beer from Boom Island Brewery and enter a contest to name the new brew.
- Stay after the concerts to listen to jazz groups – the bar will be open serving special snacks and desserts.
During these past few years, we could only dream about the musicians, Board, staff and community being All Together Now! and about the kind of celebration that’s happening next weekend. Be sure you are there with us at Orchestra Hall to experience the jubilation first hand!